Please note that this is just the CLIENT installation, it’s very quick. The patch/download that installs the entire game will come on August 15th.
The test client (Windows version) for beta test phase 4 is now available for download.
You may download and install the test client but please note that even if you launch the game, it will be in a maintenance mode until August 15th.
To download the test client, please click here.
* The test client for PlayStation®3 will be available at a later date.
Installation instructions below.
Download and Install the FFXIV: ARR Beta Test Software (Windows)
This thread explains how to download and install the test client (Windows version).
- FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (Beta Version)Please download the game client here.
* The download size is approximately 109MB.* This software can be used for Beta Test phase 4 (Final Beta), early access, and the official release once the game has launched.
- Installation Procedure
- Installation Setup
To launch the installer, double click ffxivsetup.exe.
- Region/Language Selection
After launching the installer, the region/language selection screen will be displayed. Select your preferred language for the installer and the game. This option will be set to your Windows region/language by default.
* A User Account Control prompt may be displayed for Windows Vista® and Windows® 7 users. Select Yes to proceed with the installation.
* Please launch the installer as a user with administrator rights. Windows Vista® and Windows® 7 users may be prompted for an administrator password.
* Selecting a language different from the one set for your OS may cause the installer to display corrupted text.
- Note on Background Applications
Please read and follow the on-screen instructions regarding background applications and anti-virus software. Click Next when you are ready to continue.
- Choose Destination
This screen shows the destination folder to which the game data will be installed. To install to a different folder, click Browse and designate a new destination folder.
* The drive selected for installation must have at least 20 GB of free space available.
* The drive containing the My Documents folder must have at least 2 GB of free space available.
* The drive in which Windows is installed must have at least 1 GB of free space available.
* The destination folder name must not contain any double-byte characters.
- Start Copying Files[INDENT]You now have the chance to review your settings. If you are satisfied with the settings, click Next to begin copying files.
- InstallShield Wizard Complete
Check the box if you wish to create a shortcut on your desktop, then click Finish to complete the installation.
For details on how to log into the software, control the game, etc. please refer to the instruction manual that will be released in the coming days.
Windows® 7 Users
If an error requesting that you install Windows Vista Service Pack 2 occurs during installation, please follow these steps:
- Right-click ffxivsetup.exe and open Properties.
- In the Compatibility tab, click Change settings for all users.
- Uncheck the box for “Run this program in compatibility mode for:” and click Apply.
In the event that the error message “Unable to download patch files. ” is displayed after launching FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (Beta Version)
In the event that you have changed the location of “My Documents” after launching FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (Beta Version) an error message will be displayed, so please do not change the location of this folder after launching the game.