Las Vegas Fan Festival Day 2 is over and tomorrow YoshiP and team will be on a flight to prepare for London Fan Fest next weekend! What did we learn today?
- Patch 2.4 rolls out October 28th (nothing new here, everyone figured it’d be out very soon after the London Fan Fest but nice to have official confirmation!)
- YoshiP is still a troll
- The Live Letter didn’t give much more new information but did confirm a few things
- New housing ward will be made available, but in the form of ‘subdivisions’. The explanation seemed a bit complicated so instead of typing it up, I just made a quick excerpt of that section below.
- Final Coil of Bahamut will have 4 turns. First will be doable with current i110 gear, 2nd turn will be more challenging, turn 3 and 4 is supposed to be insane.
- The Hildibrand quests are going to continue being hilarious but the storyline ends before 3.0. Pretty sure they won’t phase out Hildi but YoshiP would not commit to yes or no. Short intro to Ultros and Typhon from the questline below. The music is absolutely awesome and brings such nostalgia for the older games!
- There was an interesting discussion about echo and adjustments to the difficulty of Second Coil of Bahamut. I made a clip of it below. I’ve heard many different view points on content ‘nerfing’ in a way, which you can tell the audience wants things to remain ‘hard’. I understand both view points, and agree with what the producers need to balance in term of financial profitability from content. It’s a huge discussion and everyone has their own opinions. My two cents: what does matter in the long run? Allowing more players to catch up means profit for the company which in turns allow them to create harder content for future patches which the 1%ers will eat up quickly and then move on.
- Also of note, in content where there is a weekly lock out, they are trying to balance out a system which will allow players to assist other LS mates. We’ve been asking for this for ages, not being able to help friends after weekly Coil clear for example was the poop!
- Ninja gear – looks like it’ll be sharing with Monk for contents up to 2.3. Then it starts to get specialized.
- Ninja primary stat – dexterity
- The marriage system is called Eternal Bond and a limit will be placed on number of ceremonies allowed per day. Sort of like RL wedding halls, gotta book it?!
- Best of Show cosplayer was the amazing Garuda. So many awesome cosplays, very impressive
- To everyone who got to go and then got to win a Titan at the Raffle … /stinkeye /jealousy!!!
- KOJI FOX CAN SING HOLY FREAKING HELL!
- A bunch more small details here and there, watch the full live letter below
Full Live Letter From the Producer at Las Vegas Fan Festival