Between the crazy amounts of work, RL events and in game progression, I’ve had very little time to post on the blog even though I have so much to talk about! Within the past week, devs have posted some really nice tidbits which I will chronicle below.
RMT SPAM RAWRR
We would like to apologize for the inconveniences that RMT spam has been causing. We are diligently investigating any incoming reports or sightings of RMT shouts and banning them as soon as possible. In addition, we are working on speeding up the investigation flow.
We understand that the current RMT shout/spam reporting procedure can be improved so we are working our hardest to implement a system that is faster and easier to report/block violators. With that said, we sincerely appreciate the assistance from those of you who have been submitting reports as we work towards improving the system.
We are also adding more complex chat filters to the already large list we have arranged in order to further prevent RMT spam. We will continue to do so in a manner that will not affect your normal conversations.
You can check out our progress on combating the RMT issue on the official Lodestone here and here, so please take a look if you have not already.
We appreciate your support and we will continue put forth our best effort to alleviate RMT spam and maintain an enjoyable gameplay experience.
Item Level Restrictions for Content
We understand that some of you have some concerns regarding the item level restrictions for content; however, the development team is aware that there are players who are trying to challenge high level content without the proper amount of attack and defense, and would like to ensure that everyone participating in the content is on the same level.
Just to reiterate, this adjustment will be made in patch 2.1, and your average item level will be displayed in your character window. To coincide with this, we will also be adding a display for the required item level in the Duty Finder.
Ask Your Questions for the Mini Letter from the Producer LIVE at TGS!
Tokyo Game Show 2013 is right around the corner and on September 21 and 22 we will be broadcasting a special Letter from the Producer LIVE right from the Square Enix booth.
With patch 2.1 on the horizon, we’d like you to post any questions related to the content that’s planned for release in patch 2.1. These topics include the Crystal Tower, the Wolves’ Den (PvP), Free Company housing and the Binding Coil of Bahamut!
Please focus your questions on one of the above subjects when submitting your questions. We also ask that you please follow the below guidelines when asking a question:
- Please post your questions as a reply to this thread
- Please limit posts to questions only and do not use this thread for back and forth discussion
- If another player already asked a question you agree with, simply click the “Like!” button instead of re-posting the question
- Please post only one question per reply (of course you are allowed to post several replies!)
Also, since these mini Letter from the Producer LIVE events at the Tokyo Game Show are planned to bemuch shorter than the typical video, please note that only a few questions may be selected. We’ll do our best to carry over the hottest questions to the next Letter from the Producer LIVE event!
Link to official page.
The 2013 edition of the Tokyo Game Show is almost upon us, and FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be there in full force! Do battle with the fearsome Titan for the chance at prizes and glory, get the latest scoop on development with a new Letter from the Producer LIVE, and much more. It’s an event you won’t want to miss!
Tokyo Game Show 2013
Business Days (Invitation-only)
- Thursday, September 19, 2013, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (JST)
- Friday, September 20, 2013, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (JST)
Public Days (Open to all visitors)
- Saturday, September 21, 2013, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (no entry after 4:00 p.m.) (JST)
- Sunday, September 22, 2013, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (no entry after 4:00 p.m.) (JST)
FINAL FANTASY XIV Events
Letter from the Producer LIVE from Tokyo Game Show
Hot on the heels of the recent launch event, FFXIV Producer & Director Naoki Yoshida will be attending both public admission days at TGS 2013 to deliver a new Letter from the Producer LIVE.
- Saturday, September 21,12:00 p.m. (JST)
- Friday, September 20, 8:00 p.m. (PDT)
State of the Realm Report: Yoshi-P will share with fans the latest news from Eorzea.
- Sunday, September 22, 12:15 p.m. (JST)
- Saturday, September 21, 8:15 p.m. (PDT)
Q&A: Yoshi-P will share heretofore-unseen footage and answer fan-submitted questions from the official forums.To submit a question for Yoshi-P, click here. (http://sqex.to/ZKI)
* Be forewarned that due to expected crowds and limited space, it may not be possible for all visitors to comfortably view the event in person.
Can’t make it to TGS? Have no fear! Follow the link below to watch a live video stream of the event.
Experience the Adventure
Form a party of eight and do battle with the primal Titan in this event refined especially for TGS. Those who defeat the mighty Lord of Crags before time expires will earn themselves a T-shirt commemorating their victory!
Each time Titan falls, all players from a randomly chosen World will receive a pair of cactuar earrings. Fight bravely, that those not fortunate enough to attend the event might reap the fruits of your heroic deeds!
* Due to expected crowds, we cannot promise that all players will have a chance to participate in the Titan Challenge.
There’s sure to be something for all adventurers at Tokyo Game Show. We look forward to seeing you there!
Reallocating Companion (Chocobo) Skill Points is Coming!
You’ll be happy to know that we are in fact planning for a way to re-allocate your companion skill points. Once we have the details, including when we plan on implementing this, we will be sure to let you all know!
Also, for those of you who are curious, the maximum amount of skill points you can earn is 55 points. In order to learn the final ability for each role, you’ll need to put in all of these points. Hopefully this information will help you plan out your companion’s abilities a bit better until we introduce the method for re-allocation.
Better and More Placement For Retainer Summoning Bell!
We realize that there are a lot of requests for summoning bells to be placed in other areas, such as having them in all sanctuaries. In order to relieve congestion and crowding in the areas where we currently have summoning bells, we plan on setting up more of these with new market boards. We’re looking to implement this in patch 2.1.
Mogu Mogu Earrings Registration Code Issue
We realize that it’s taken some time to address the concerns of those users that are unable to redeem their Moogle Earrings because they will not activate on their account. We’ve set up a flow that will allow you to send in your unused code and we can replace it with a code that will work for your account.
If you have an unused Moogle Earrings bonus code, please follow the below steps to exchange your code for a working one:
- Visit the Square Enix Support Center.
- Create a ticket using the following categories:
Sub Category: Registration Code
Contact Detail: Moogle Earrings Bonus Code
- A list of Knowledge Base articles will be displayed, please select “Next”
- Log into your Square Enix Account
- Proceed to Email Support
- Fill in your contact email details, for Platform either Windows or PlayStation 3 is fine, and please enter the unused Moogle Earrings bonus code into the “Registration Code” field.
- Once your ticket has been received, we’ll confirm that the code is valid and send a replacement code. Please note that the submitted code will no longer be usable once the process is complete.
Once again, sorry for the delay in getting this addressed!
Repair Costs, Dark Matter Costs and More
The development team is aware that there are times when you cannot participate in content so easily and without worry, and I’d like to let you know future countermeasures we have planned to address this.
- Significantly reduce repair fees and the cost of dark matter
While the focus will be placed on high-levels, we will be significantly lowering the overall fees for repair and the cost of dark matter.
- Addition of item level requirements for high-level dungeon participation
We’ll be adding a requirement to participate in high-level dungeons and hard mode primal battles that will make it so you need to have equipment above a certain item level equipped to participate. To coincide with this, we will be implementing a system that will display the average item level for your gear in the character window.
- Addition of a party recruitment window
We’ll be implementing a bulletin board type of system where you can recruit party members that are only on your world. When recruiting, you can indicate the dungeon you would like to do, the roles you are looking to recruit, the levels, etc. (We’ll be announcing the details soon.)
We will be addressing #1 after the maintenance tomorrow, and #2 and #3 will be implemented after patch 2.1.
Registration Code Issues
Users that encountered this issue, and submitted a ticket to the Square Enix NA support center – we have dispatched emails to you that contain registration codes for you to activate them on the correct service account.
If you submitted a ticket, but do not see an email, be sure to check your spam/junk folders!
To register the code to the correct service account, please follow the below steps:
- Visit the Mog Station and log into your Square Enix account
- Select the yellow tab of the desired FFXIV service account you wish to add your new registration code to
- Click the Add Windows Service button
- Enter your new registration code. Please note that a small window summarizing the selected service account will be displayed. Please make sure you have selected the proper service account.
- Follow the remaining prompts to finalize the registration process
PlayStation 3 Version
- Redeem the new Promotion Code on the PlayStation Network or via the PS3 Account Management
- Run FFXIV and log into your Square Enix Account
- Select “FFXIV: A Realm Reborn – PlayStation®3” product to be registered to your Square Enix Account
- Select the desired service account you wish to add your new promotion code to. Please note that a summary of the service account will be displayed. Please make sure you have selected the proper service account. Be sure not to select the button that says “Create New Service” account
All Worlds Maintenance (Sept. 11)
Greetings,In case you haven’t seen the news announcement posted on Lodestone
, we will be holding a long maintenance on Wednesday, September 11th from 5:00 p.m. until September 12th at 3:00 a.m. This maintenance will address the below three things, which Yoshida mentioned in his post
:Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida
- Substantially increase the number of Worlds.
- Create a third duty finder group to further alleviate server stress.
- Increase the number of servers used for instances.
We apologize for any inconveniences this maintenance may cause, but appreciate your understanding as we do our best to enhance the servers to ensure comfortable playing conditions.