- Southern Thanalan: Atma of the Scorpion
- Eastern Thanalan: Atma of the Bull
- Western Thanalan: Atma of the Twins
- Central Thanalan: Atma of the Scales
- Central Shroud: Atma of the Maiden (In-game Journal mistakenly lists this as “Central Thanalan”)
- East Shroud: Atma of the Goat
- North Shroud: Atma of the Archer
- Upper La Nocea: Atma of the Water Eater
- Middle La Nocea: Atma of the Ram
- Outer La Nocea: Atma of the Lion
- Lower La Nocea: Atma of the Fish
- Western La Nocea: Atma of the Crab
That Serpent Sergeant is judging Sprinks and Tonn heavily…
YES! It was worth it waking up in the middle of the night to watch the Live Letter just for this portion of it OMIGERD so much hilarity
Patch 2.2 is around the corner…. so what do we do? Gather up all the tarus and go kick everything’s asses. Who cares if everything in game is bigger than we are!!!
The hype, the feels! I missed launch week during 2.1 due to holidays but I’ll be here on patch and then 4 days after for 2.2 CANNOT WAITTTT. Too bad all the major patches coincide with my vacation plans lol
I’ve been meaning to write something up for myself just to get everything straight and stored away somewhere not in my brain. And voila! Someone already did it, huzzah for lazy enabled taru /bounces around. Thanks CrabCommander for compiling this quick To-Do list that I can just link to my buddies as more and more of then are hitting cap.
So you just hit 50, and now you’re wondering where to go from here. Well, I don’t think anyone can tell you explicitly what should be done in exactly what order, and you certainly can skips steps, but here’s the most gentle slope for introduction to end-game.
- Fresh 50? Ready to see what the world has to offer? Lets get to it then.
- Finish Your Job/Story Quests – Your Job quests will net you your last skills and your Artifact gear. Do them. The main quest up through Praetorium is required for practically all other Level 50 content.
- Replace Your Trash Items – If you have any items below iLevel 45, they should probably be replaced with crafted/purchased items. You should pay particular attention to your weaponry.
- Castrum Meridianum and The Praetorium – You’ll need to run them once for story, but feel free to run them a few times extra if you like during this stage to acquire more Tomestones of Philosophy and get comfortable with level 50 content.
- Time for the basic content! This stuff can be done with your fancy new fresh 50 gear.
- Ifrit Hard Mode – Unlocked in the Waking Sands, he’s an easy and simple mechanics fight which drops iLevel 60 Weaponry.
- Wanderer’s Palace and Amdapor Keep – You’ll have to do these anyways for your GC and Relic quest eventually anyways, but they also drop some comfy iLevel 55 gear to get you started, and are an easy completion even in fresh 50 gear (particularly now that AK’s difficulty has been nerfed).
- Relic Quest Line – It’s probably a good time to start on your Relic Quest. It’ll take you through Chimera, Hydra, and back through the content you’ve completed at this point. At minimum you’ll want it all caught up before you get to Titan some time down the road.
- Got a few pieces of iLevel 55? Weapon at least level 55, or an Ifrit weapon if you’re lucky? Good, next step up!
- Garuda Hard Mode – Like before, unlocked in the Waking Sands, Garuda is a more complex fight, and one which requires some gear at least to pass various checks on your stats. She turns out cool looking iLevel 70 weapons for your trouble.
- Copperbell HM and Haukke HM – The next step up in 4 Man dungeons, these guys provide a little more challenge, but better rewards, in the form of iLevel 60 gear of all varieties.
- Pharos Sirius – The hardest of the 4 man dungeons in 2.1, Pharos is a reasonable completion as you near the end of this proverbial tier. Feel free to challenge it for some more iLevel 60 items and fun as you stretch your legs.
- Darklight Gear – At this point, you’re probably also sitting on a nice stack of Philosophy Tomes. Feel free to turn those guys into some Darklight gear for yourself to start filling in your lower iLevel slots. You’ll need it!
- Feeling suave in your mixture of iLevel 55-70 gear? Time to start stepping up your game with the big challenges!
- Titan Hard Mode – The last barrier in the route to Relic, clearing Titan should be your goal for this tier. The first fight that truly stresses both Mechanics and raw numbers. An HP in the range of 3200+ is an absolute minimum for this fight. Also drops iLevel 80 Weaponry.
- Good King Moggle Mog XII – Feeling the pain on Titan? Finish pushing through the main story and eventually you’ll run into this guy. He’s a fun fight with a challenge level similar to Garuda HM that drops iLevel 75 Weapons. A helpful stopgap if you find yourself rockblocked by Titan for an extended period of time. Or if you just really like Moogles.
- AF+1/Heroes Gear – By now you might be sitting on at least a few hundred Myth tomes. Feel free to start changing them in for some iLevel 90 gear in Revenant’s Toll. Even a single piece can drastically boost your stats up at this point.
- Ultima – The Ultima fight is no joke, with a difficulty level similar to that of Titan. Still, for the adventurous with gear in the iLevel 65+ range, he can be taken down for some solid iLevel 80 Accessories.
- Crystal Tower – If you can punch your way through the tiresome unlock quest, Crystal Tower can be a nice source of easy iLevel 80 gear. Although you can only walk out with one piece a week. Still, it’ll be better than almost anything else you can get for a while.
- Got your Relic? All Pimped out in iLevel 70-80 gear? Maybe a couple Myth tome items? Time for the final steps!
- The Binding Coil of Bahamut – A Five Part dungeon with high mechanical complexity and numbers. Find yourself a good PUG or Static and have it. Drops some of the best gear in the game. Note: You cannot use the Duty Finder for Coil.
- Relic Zenith – Save up those 900 Myths over time and upgrade your Relic at Gerolt’s forge for a quick 10 iLevel bonus in stats.
- Extreme Mode Primals – The alternative option to a Relic +1, clearing all 3 can get you a fancy iLevel 90 weapon as well. You might find yourself needing the Relic +1 though just to get through them. They also drop iLevel 90 accessories and other fun items.
Uploaded this a while back but totally forgot to post it on here, and kept sending people to this blog to view it, gomenne! Here it is, better late then never! The video is from 10/24/2013. We’ve been steadily working and improving on Turn 5 as well, Twintania is a pretty fun fight but quite stressful! I am so ready to go back to being lazy now lol
Well done BG!!! This is pretty exciting news!!
It only took me weeks to finally start recording and then a few more weeks to encode, cut and upload to youtube. I blame SE servers for that or my ISP, anyone but me! /nods For some reason if I spend the day uploading to youtube, I will 100% have issues in game that evening so this limits me to certain days of the week ; ;
Tonight we’re going in again and will hopefully be able to try Turn 5 again finally, we’ve only gone in once and leeroyed our way through conflagration! Usually we go on Tuesdays but Dakana had to go and eat a fancy dinner instead tut tut, so this does shorten our attempt to two nights this week.
Without further ado, here is Team Titan derping in Coil 1-4, total duration for the run on 10/08/2013 was around 1 hour and 17 minutes, including afk time and learning turn 4 from scratch for Dakana. If all goes well tonight and there is no need to afk etc. I hope to see a <1hr run go go Team Titan!
Turn 1 – Baby ADS
Turn 1 – Caduceus
Turn 2 – Big Momma ADS
Turn 3 – we putzed around and i have a video of it… it’s not very entertaining so /doesn’t bother
Turn 4 – Blietzkreig!