Tried to upload this last night to celebrate the NDA lift… but Youtube was not cooperating ^^ but here it is now!
The realm of Eorzea has been reborn in every sense of the word, featuring a new and improved graphics engine, vast and breathtaking areas, a captivating FINAL FANTASY story, a comprehensive character creator, a sleek interface, and fast-paced combat.
With an overwhelming number of participants during the alpha and beta test phases, player feedback played a significant role in shaping the game. We can confidently say we created the latest FINAL FANTASY title together with our fans.
As we continue creating new stories and adventures in the years ahead, we pledge to spare no effort to ensure that Eorzea will always be a place that our players are proud to call home.
Precautions Concerning FINAL FANTASY XIV Entitlements
Once FINAL FANTASY XIV is officially launched, players will need to use a registration code (for the Windows version of the game) or a product code (for the PlayStation 3 version of the game) in order to obtain entitlements for each respective platform. Please review the guidelines below in order to ensure that you successfully register your codes.
When registering an entitlement, you will be able choose between registering it to an existing service account which you have previously played FINAL FANTASY XIV on, or registering it to a completely new service account.
We have received reports from players who, although they wished to continue playing the game post-launch with characters created either in the original FINAL FANTASY XIV or during the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn beta test, have mistakenly registered their entitlements to either the wrong service account, or to a brand new service account.
In order to prevent this from happening to you, please keep the following in mind.
* If you wish to play with a character from either the original FINAL FANTASY XIV or the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn beta test:
– When going through the process to register your entitlement, be sure to log in using the same login ID and password that you previously used when logging into the game to play with the character in question.
– Please do not select the “Create New Service Account” option
– If your account has only one FINAL FANTASY XIV service account, please select that option to continue.
– If your account is displaying multiple FINAL FANTASY XIV service accounts, please review the entitlements already attached to each of these service accounts before selecting the service account you wish to register the entitlement in question to.
* Regarding the display of entitlements attached to service accounts -Upon selecting a service account, the currently registered entitlements on it will be displayed. For your reference, the names and descriptions of each entitlement are written below:
[Windows (R) Version]
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn – Windows(R) = This will be displayed if you previously played the original FINAL FANTASY XIV. You will be entitled to play the Windows (R) version of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn – Pre-order Code – Windows(R) = This will be displayed if a Windows (R) pre-order code has been registered to this service account.
FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Test – Windows (R) = This will be displayed if you previously participated in the beta test.
[PlayStation (R) 3 Version]
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn – Pre-order Code – PlayStation (R) 3 = This will be displayed if a PS3 pre-order code has been registered to this service account.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test – PlayStation (R) 3 = This will be displayed if you previously participated in the beta test on PS3.
* If you logged in during the Early Access period, the names and worlds of any characters in the Service Account will also be displayed.
* Entitlements exist for both the Windows (R) and Playstation (R) 3 versions of the game, and in order to play on both platforms, a service account will need both kinds of entitlements.