This year, our family vacation is also occurring on the same week as E3 and Stormblood early access, so I’m going to be missing the ending of E3 and the start of early access, but should still be able to join in on the fun before official launch on the 20th. I’m actually excited now! This week is going to be insane but I’m going to do my darnest to tune in as much as I can to Square Enix presents!
We are hoping for more day to day type details regarding Stormblood, things such as ‘are you going to nerf Heavensward gear turn in seals ratio, what about poetics?, what about gatherer scrips?’ etc. etc. Basically, do we stockpile or unload this week? I’m not sure how much this is going to help me since I am leaving for vacation on Thursday morning ; ; but at least it’ll help everyone else!
As usual, here is their schedule, which was posted on the official blog, but I prefer having my own little space to keep track of all this as well as make unnecessary comments just coz I can, muahahah!
Las Vegas Fan Festival Day 2 is over and tomorrow YoshiP and team will be on a flight to prepare for London Fan Fest next weekend! What did we learn today?
- Patch 2.4 rolls out October 28th (nothing new here, everyone figured it’d be out very soon after the London Fan Fest but nice to have official confirmation!)
- YoshiP is still a troll
- The Live Letter didn’t give much more new information but did confirm a few things
- New housing ward will be made available, but in the form of ‘subdivisions’. The explanation seemed a bit complicated so instead of typing it up, I just made a quick excerpt of that section below.
- Final Coil of Bahamut will have 4 turns. First will be doable with current i110 gear, 2nd turn will be more challenging, turn 3 and 4 is supposed to be insane.
- The Hildibrand quests are going to continue being hilarious but the storyline ends before 3.0. Pretty sure they won’t phase out Hildi but YoshiP would not commit to yes or no. Short intro to Ultros and Typhon from the questline below. The music is absolutely awesome and brings such nostalgia for the older games!
- There was an interesting discussion about echo and adjustments to the difficulty of Second Coil of Bahamut. I made a clip of it below. I’ve heard many different view points on content ‘nerfing’ in a way, which you can tell the audience wants things to remain ‘hard’. I understand both view points, and agree with what the producers need to balance in term of financial profitability from content. It’s a huge discussion and everyone has their own opinions. My two cents: what does matter in the long run? Allowing more players to catch up means profit for the company which in turns allow them to create harder content for future patches which the 1%ers will eat up quickly and then move on.
- Also of note, in content where there is a weekly lock out, they are trying to balance out a system which will allow players to assist other LS mates. We’ve been asking for this for ages, not being able to help friends after weekly Coil clear for example was the poop!
- Ninja gear – looks like it’ll be sharing with Monk for contents up to 2.3. Then it starts to get specialized.
- Ninja primary stat – dexterity
- The marriage system is called Eternal Bond and a limit will be placed on number of ceremonies allowed per day. Sort of like RL wedding halls, gotta book it?!
- Best of Show cosplayer was the amazing Garuda. So many awesome cosplays, very impressive
- To everyone who got to go and then got to win a Titan at the Raffle … /stinkeye /jealousy!!!
- KOJI FOX CAN SING HOLY FREAKING HELL!
- A bunch more small details here and there, watch the full live letter below
Full Live Letter From the Producer at Las Vegas Fan Festival
Welps, thank god I woke up in time to set up and watch the funnest kick off to a fan festival evar! (rivaled only by the PUP announcement hilarity back in the good ole ffxi days!)
Mini trailer will come after some bullet points about FFXIV 3.0: Heavensward Coming in Spring 2015!
- Level cap raise to 60 for all Disciples
- New large scale areas
- All new primals!
- NEW PLAYABLE RACE!
- New High End Raids
- More than 4 new dungeons
- Ishgard as the 4th City State
- Obviously the entire Ishgard story: Dragonsong War
- MULTIPLE New Jobs! Japan/London will be revealing details
- FC Airship – areas that are being hinted as being reachable only by these airships (they didn’t say but with the snerking going around it sounds like it?)
- New Gear New Recipes (the usual)
- They’re sharing the reveal details with London and Japan, so more details throughout the weekend and in another week
- UPDATE:! New Beastman races (Dravanian is considered a beastman race)
FFXIV 3.0 Heavensward New Expansion Reveal Mini Trailer
Ishgard As The 4th City State
One of the new zones: The Dravanian Foreland
That Serpent Sergeant is judging Sprinks and Tonn heavily…
Sprinks and Tonn Are Special Strawberries
YES! It was worth it waking up in the middle of the night to watch the Live Letter just for this portion of it OMIGERD so much hilarity
Patch 2.2 is around the corner…. so what do we do? Gather up all the tarus and go kick everything’s asses. Who cares if everything in game is bigger than we are!!!
Coming Soon to a Theater Near You: Lalafell Kicks Everyone’s Asses